Of course it does.

Tongue Jerky Legion

Friday, June 4, 2010

RIP - "Coach"

Coach John Wooden passed away today.  You might have seen a blurb on the net or a story on ESPN.

Most of my blogs have had some sort of humor attached to them.  Today, I am truly sad.  I never met Coach Wooden, however, I have a copy of his book in my possession.  I even gave my original copy that I bought to Dave Liken.

John Wooden was probably the most genuine and impressive leader I have ever studied.  Lincoln, Jefferson, Brown (Paul), Walsh (Bill) and Reagan - all pale in comparison.

A good friend told me this week that my blogs were written like I talk, 'full of bullshit.'

I will recommend one thing to the three people that read these words.

There is one of many books that John Wooden has written, this one with Steve Jamison;
Wooden: A Lifetime of Observations and Reflections on and Off the Court

If you have anything to do in leadership, management or family direction - I highly recommend this book.  It is short and a quick read.  I challenge you to find any leadership reference that is more impactful.

Thanks very much Coach.  You will be missed, but your legacy will continue.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. I don't really know much about the coach, but i'd love to read the book if you can round up a copy. I don't need the Ronnie James Dio book though, thanks.

    ReplyDelete