Of course it does.

Tongue Jerky Legion

Monday, August 23, 2010

Now that's weird...

So, I'm watching the Chiefs preseason game that I recorded today.  The Chiefs were playing the Bucs.  Josh Freeman is Tampa Bay's QB.  Kilzer might remember Josh Freeman, he committed to Nebraska and then decided to go to K-State instead.  He played 3 years in Manhattan then decided to go pro.  He was drafted #17 overall, last year.

Anyway, I hear the broadcasters say that Josh Freeman was born in Kansas City (Hey, I'm from Kansas City...).  Then they say that he went to Grandview High School (Hey, I went to Grandview High School!).

That's weird, I don't remember a Josh Freeman in high school   Why don't I remember a Josh Freeman in high school?  "Well, John, there aren't any 42 year old quarterbacks in the NFL," you might say.  Oh, really?  Say that in Minnesota, fool.  What you should have said was, "Well, John, there aren't any 42 year old quarterbacks - that were drafted in the 2009 draft." 

Anyway, I was interested, so I did a little research on Josh Freeman.  Yes, indeed, he is from my alma mater, Grandview High School - home of the Bulldogs.  Also, he won the Simone Award for the best high school football player of the year in the Kansas City Area in 2005.

You know who else won the Simone Award? 

Kenyon Rasheed.  In 1987.  He ended up going to Oklahoma.  Played for the Giants for a couple of seasons.

I played against Kenyon Rasheed in little league.   It was in basketball, though. 

I wondered what Kenyon Rasheed is doing now and saw this link.

It's Kenyon Rasheed's birthday today.

Now, that's weird.

3 comments:

  1. "Homes of the Bulldogs"
    seems to be a very popular mascot...
    the list is long, excluding professional and college, in the US alone there are approx 220 High schools alone with the Bulldog mascot. But my favorite mascot has to be the Yuba City Honkers (Yuba City, California)because who doesn't love Honkers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Bulldogs were cool. Back in the day. I really liked the Quad City Thunder (CBA team). But my favorite was the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes, a single A baseball team. I did a training session there once when I worked for Sam's Club. Whew, was I drunk. Young drunk, not professional drunk. Anyway, the Quakes home field was called "The Epicenter." Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete