Of course it does.

Tongue Jerky Legion

Thursday, July 29, 2010

There oughta be a law...

I am not sure if I can quite put the experience into words, but I will try.  My attempt will have many 'breaks.'  Here goes..

At work, I had an opportunity to help a family with invitations for a quinceanera.  The family consisted of the Great Grandma (about 45 years old), the Grandma/Mom (about 30 years old) and the daughter, who was going to celebrate her 15th birthday in September.  Oh, by the way, there was also a double stroller with two kids it it - both in diapers - one belonged to the Grandma/Mom and one belonged to the Soon-To-Be-15-Year-Old.

The G/M asked me to print these invitations.  So, I did.  It takes about 20 minutes to print 30 invitations. 

While I was standing there watching the printer print, 14 year old has an argument with G/M.   She wants to order WEDDING invitations, too.  G/M says, "No, not yet.  Your man isn't in the NBA, yet."

At that point, G/M and Great Grandma have a discussion about the BabyDaddy.  How good he is at basketball, how much child support he is going to be able to give, etc.

Great Grandma was disgusted - as was I.  The discussion gets heated until the Grandma/Mom said,

"Look, Mama, she is just doing what Iverson's wife did.  Marry him young, then get all his money.  My baby is smart!"

Really?  There oughta be a law...

No comments:

Post a Comment